Why do top healthcare professionals choose Guthrie? For many, it's the collegial atmosphere, where physicians discover an environment of mutual respect and support. For others, it's the opportunity to practice advanced medicine within an integrated, multi-specialty group practice in an area of unmatched beauty and quality of life. Discover your own reason to choose Guthrie.
Guthrie physicians enjoy working in a multi-specialty group practice environment, where they can take care of patients unencumbered by undue complexity and politics.
Anesthesiology, General - Corning, NY
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible. Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.If you are an Anesthesiologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you. Daily Clinical Duties:
- The regular Operating Room schedule runs from 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday. It is the responsibility of each clinician to report to work at such a time that his or her first patient will be ready to be anesthetized at 8:00am on a regularly scheduled day. The time to report for work may therefore vary depending on the anticipated complexity of scheduled cases. It is generally 7:00 am.
- Will be available to take call for Anesthesia Services as assigned by the Department Chief or designate. This care may involve either administration of anesthesia care to the patient by the physician provider or the supervision of such administration by a CRNA.
- Completion of all appropriate forms and records
- Compliance with preoperative/intraoperative and postoperative policies
- Other clinical duties as assigned, which may include OB Anesthesia and rarely pre-admission services.
Physician Duties when on Call:
- Assume responsibility for completion of the OR schedule and CRNA supervision by 3:00pm Monday-Friday. It is understood that enough MD assistance will be provided such that previously agreed to supervision ratios will not be exceeded.
- Assume responsibility for the medical management of PACU patients. The MD will remain in the facility and readily available to PACU nursing personnel until the last patient has been signed out of PACU to another patient care area.
- The MD will be called for every surgical or obstetrical procedure and will be present for induction of such an anesthetic unless the life of the patient or infant would be jeopardized by waiting the few minutes. In such a life-threatening emergency, the CRNA may proceed under the supervision of the surgeon.
- Perform preop evaluations of surgical inpatients scheduled for all urgent or emergent cases while on call
- In the event that during "on call hours" one operating room is working and a life threatening situation develops concerning another patient requiring immediate intervention, additional help may be secured at the discretion of the on call MD by calling the OB anesthesiologist or using the disaster plan telephone numbers. The second operating room may be opened by either the CRNA or the MD to provide the best care for both patients under the circumstances. The surgeon may assume responsibility for the medical direction of the CRNA in an emergency situation until the additional Anesthesiologist arrives.
When you join Guthrie, you will receive the kind of generous benefits that you would expect from a first rate healthcare organization. What you may not expect, however, are the components that set Guthrie apart from the rest. Guthrie is a financially stable organization, where clinical and business acumen are teamed at every level. We have a Physician Leadership Program where our goal is to help you grow and develop throughout your career. Throughout the organization we utilize the principles of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and offer this training to our physicians.We respect the cost of transitioning to our integrated practice, and we help relieve that burden with financial assistance. We have physician income protection in place while you develop your practice. Many departments within the organization partner with you to help you develop a thriving and successful practice. Additionally, we have our own risk retention group that addresses patient concerns immediately for your peace of mind. It is these extra benefits, among others, that set Guthrie apart as a premier healthcare organization where physicians enjoy a collegial atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
The greater Corning area is supported by a strong community with an energetic, cultural atmosphere. The Corning Museum of Glass and the Rockwell Museum of Western Art are two renowned attractions. Elmira and the surrounding area feature notable theatre, historical sites and museums. Nearby colleges, universities and Fortune 500 companies provide employment for spouses, and there is plenty of affordable housing in safe, close-knit communities. See Google map